Training Duration: 3 Days / 18 Hrs
Introduction to the Program:
Meetings come in all shapes and sizes, from the convention to a quick huddle in an office hallway. This one-day program will be concerned with small working meetings; with groups that have a job to do requiring the energy, commitment, and talents of those who participate.
- The basics for effective meetings
- The best and the worst of meetings
- Holding productive meetings
- Preparing for meetings
- Setting the place
- Leading a meeting
- Process and content
- Process tools, including DeBono’s thinking hats, rules of work, and facilitation skills
- How to control a meeting
- A plan for success
- Understand the value of meetings as a management tool.
- Recognize the critical planning step that makes meeting time more effective.
- Identify process tools that can help create an open and safe forum for discussion.
- Develop and practice techniques for handling counterproductive behavior.