Whether your business is relatively young and HR-related tasks have been handled by a one-person team, or your business has been operating for multiple years with a fully staffed HR Department, STANDARDS provides HR Compliance Auditing solutions that meet the needs of your organization. We provide full-service HR Compliance Audits to assess the employment practices, compliance and human resource functions within an organization. Completion of an HR Compliance Audit enables an organization to:
- Accurately identify the beneficial and problematic areas of current employment practices
- Strategically plan efforts needed for compliance and improvement
- Create a template to guide administration on industry best employment practices
STANDARDS’ Audits examine the following key areas of human resource functions:
- Staffing & Hiring
- Benefits Administration
- HR Administration
- Employment Practices
- Time Off & Leave
- Performance Management
Job Analysis, Job Descriptions and Organizational Structure
Job descriptions are the foundation of organizational performance, and serve as key drivers in a variety of HR functions.
At STANDARDS, we develop job descriptions that are broad, descriptive, and flexible to enable adaptation to your organization’s changing needs. We help to establish and connect each job’s duties back to the critical goals of the organization. This ensures alignment of each job to the overall success of the organization, while providing the details needed to support effective job performance. At the same time, every job description developed by STANDARDS includes the criteria needed to successfully perform in the job such as required knowledge, skills, and abilities, responsibilities, and reporting structure.
Job Evaluation and Grading System
Job evaluation is a systematic process of determining the relative value of various jobs within an organization, and assigning jobs to a hierarchical index of job value. Effective job evaluation enables an organization to:
- Provide fair pay to its employees
- Attract and retain its needed talent
- Identify duplication of tasks and gaps between jobs and function allowing it to make strategic alignment decisions
- Identify qualification requirements
- Place jobs in salary structures
- Maintain internal equity
At STANDARDS, our trained and well-experienced staff provides an unbiased, holistic approach to evaluation of an organization’s jobs.
- We focus on only the job itself, not the person performing the job – something that can be very difficult to do if you are an employee of the organization
- We understand the effects a job evaluation process can have on the employees such as job insecurity or fear of pay cuts – so we assist in using an organization-wide involvement and continuous communication process helping to ease concerns and establish a sense of ownership from the results of the job evaluation
- We know the struggles that can occur with management involvement and we take a proactive approach from the onset to help ensure the cooperation needed for successful project completion
We complete job evaluations using current industry best practices. Typically, job evaluations are completed after the job analysis and job descriptions are complete. STANDARDS employs both non-quantitative methods of evaluation such as job classification, as well as quantitative methods such as a job point-factoring which utilizes compensable factors to determine internal worth – a key to establishing an internally consistent compensation system that can serve as a strategic tool for the organization.
Compensation Analysis and Plan Design
- Not sure if you are paying employees too little or too much?
- Losing good employees to better paying jobs elsewhere?
- Compensating according to an out-of-date system?
- Merger or acquisition in your future?
- Just opening your doors and onboarding your first employees?
- Expanding your services and diversifying your workforce?
STANDARDS can assist in all areas of compensation, from policy design and plan development through stakeholder approval and implementation.
STANDARDS’ Compensation Analysis & Design services include all levels of comprehensive review, refinement, and/or development of compensation programs, ensuring strategic alignment with each unique client. Our Compensation Analysis & Design services provide our clients:
- Improved competitiveness through current, market-aligned compensation structures that help to attract, motivate and retain high quality employees to the best of the organization’s budgetary abilities
- Risk management resulting from implementation of consistent and defensible pay structures – developed by an unbiased, ethically bound third party – that meet the requirements of equal value legislation
- Tools and services needed to support the implementation and independent management and maintenance of the overall compensation system, and guide consistent and defensible base pay decisions that provide every employee a competitive level of compensation.
Whether you need a complete analysis of your existing compensation system, are starting your compensation program from the ground up, or just need a pay scale developed for a few new positions, STANDARDS’ experienced team can successfully meet the demands of your project.
Competency Based Human Resources
Competency-based management solutions give you the freedom to customize the engagement to fit any need or goal. Whether you’re rolling out a competency-based framework for the first time, or you need to fine-tune your existing talent-management systems, we can help.
Our team develops custom competencies, and implements competency-based programs to support the entire talent management lifecycle.
Performance management is driven by business needs, organizational culture and the integration with other human resource management systems. There is not a “one size fits all” model. Effective Performance Management:
- Increases employees’ accountability of their on-the-job performance
- Provides a more objective tool for measuring employees’ success
- Provides a direct line of sight for employees to the strategic goals of the organization
- Improves success rates for reaching overall organizational goals
- Mitigates employment practice-related risks by linking evaluation to employees’ self-validated job descriptions
- Provides measurement for operational/business decisions, i.e., performance rewards, compensation, downsizing, etc.
- In addition, an organization’s performance management directly affects employee morale and attitude, thereby determining productivity and ultimately the success of the organization. In today’s workplace climate, performance management is crucial!
STANDARDS designs performance management tools to systematically produce meaningful, measured results for our clients.
Identifying crucial job skills, knowledge, professional relationships and organizational practices and passing them on to prepare your future workers is critical to ensuring the seamless movement of talent within your organization. Succession planning is keeping the talent in your pipeline, and with today’s workforce trends, critical talent can easily be here today and gone tomorrow. Whether your organization is large or small, succession planning is necessary for various reasons:
- Adapting to demographic and economic changes and talent scarcity.
- Identifying skill gaps and training needs. Retaining institutional knowledge in a knowledge economy.
- Boosting morale and retention by investing in employees.
- Replacing unique or highly specialized competencies.
STANDARDS takes the complexity out of Succession Planning, and offers scalable solutions to address only those areas of succession planning needed. STANDARDS’ Succession Planning Services portfolio includes:
- Labor Market Analysis and Workforce Planning
- Organizational Assessment
- Job Analysis to identify the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities needed in critical positions
- Job Redesign
- Strategic Succession Plan Development
- Performance and Behavior-Based Assessments
- Recruitment Support
- Training and Development
- Individual Development Planning
HR Policies and Procedures
Effective workplace policies and procedures have never been more important than in today’s challenging, ever-changing business world. It is essential for organizations to have policies and procedures developed and implemented based on best employment practices, if for no other reason than to protect your organization and its employees.
But effective policies and procedures offer benefits beyond this – they provide for:
- Uniformity and consistency in decision-making and operations
- Demonstration of the organization’s values
- Quick and efficient action and resolution when a problem occurs
- A framework for business planning
- Direction of the organization despite periods of change
- Assistance with performance assessment and accountability
- Clarification of functions and responsibilities
- Improved communication for employees
- An overall sense of stability and dependability to the workforce
- And of course, employment practice-related risk management.
STANDARDS develops both individual policies and procedures for our clients, as well as entire Personnel/Employee Handbooks, all based on industry best practices and in alignment with today’s ever-changing regulations.
- Review of your current policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the most current regulations
- Development of individual policies and procedures to meet organizational changes
- Development of your entire Personnel/Employee Handbook from start to finish.
Personnel Development and Training Plans
We investigate the needs of our clients and their employees, we foresee the areas where training is required and we set our training plans based on such investigation. We set forth the trainings required to develop personnel and ensure they adapt to the changing work environment, setting the base for achievement based on change, technology and new strategies in all areas.
Talent Management Systems
We provide strategic assistance to organizations in the accomplishment of long-term enterprise goals with respect to talent or human capital. Our system addresses the five essential pillars of talent management: recruitment; performance management; learning and development; career development and compensation management. By implementing Talent Management System, organizations will be able to attract, acquire, develop, promote, and retain quality talent.