Since there is a positive correlation between the performance of individual employees and the overall performance of the organization, it is an organizational imperative for supervisors and managers to improve employee performance. The role of front line managers is key to any performance management system which includes, but is not limited to, properly setting objectives and conducting appraisals. This course takes an in-depth view at setting the right measures to manage employees. These measures are primarily objective in nature. This course also describes how to conduct eﬀective performance appraisal meetings and emphasizes the importance of coaching as a means for improving performance.
What Will You Learn?
- Define performance management, its objectives and various responsibilities
- List the main phases in a performance management cycle and how to manage each for optimum results
- Develop tangible and intangible measures of performance
- Create business based objectives, including SMART targets, measures and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Define coaching and list the 5 steps for conducting optimal coaching sessions
- Conduct effective performance appraisal meetings
- Identify ways of rewarding and recognizing employees